TRANSPLANT TECHNICAL SALES SPECIALIST (V.H. Bio Limited)
Overview of VH Bio Ltd:
VH Bio is a leading supply and distribution company for the life sciences industry within the
United Kingdom and Ireland. The company supplies laboratory testing products and
equipment to a variety of routine and research life-science laboratory segments including
Hospital, academia, and industry.
Overview of the Position:
The Transplant Technical Sales Specialist is a field based, customer facing role covering the
UK and Ireland.
The role requires a person capable of demonstrating and communicating a high level of
technical understanding to prospective clients and therefore knowledge of
Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (H&I) is essential, an understanding of all aspects of
the field such as HLA antibody detection and HLA molecular biology
Products within our HLA portfolio often require a consultative sales approach, frequently
requiring dealing with key decision makers, such as: Procurement Managers, Laboratory
Managers, Department Heads & Post-doctoral researchers within University, Pharma, Biotech, Clinical &
life science research institutes and laboratories.
The role requires a person who is confident with hands-on performance of laboratory
techniques within the H&I laboratory environment and has good interpersonal skills.
A large proportion of the role will involve customer facing activities, performing product
presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customers.
As the Transplant Technical Sales Specialist you will be a motivated & highly driven
candidate, possessing excellent communication and organisational skills, a very dynamic
The ideal candidate could currently be working in a laboratory and have experience in
areas/techniques such as: Luminex-based HLA antibody detection, Luminex-based SSO HLA
typing, qPCR and NGS sequencing etc. Motivated and driven to move into a commercial
role. We envisage that this role might suit somebody from a H&I Laboratory background,
who could have in addition previous experience in dealing with commercial companies.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a biological based subject to
include: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, Microbiology,
Immunology or other related degree. BSHI Diploma welcome but not essential to the role.
The primary goals of the role are to facilitate technical support and sales development of VH
Bio’s transplant products whilst at the same time advancing relationships with existing
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Reporting to the Manager of Transplant Products and Laboratory Services, Ben Adams, you will
be responsible for implementing a structured technical sales approach to develop business for
VH Bio’s Transplant product lines.
• Working closely with key industries such as: Clinical/NHS, Academia & Industrial accounts dealing
with key decision makers including Laboratory Scientists and Technical Staff.
• Successfully identifying a qualifying new prospect, delivering technical product presentations
and demonstrations of VH Bio products where necessary throughout the territory to develop
• Provide technical and application support within the territory for VH Bio’s Transplant product
• Partner with key customers to facilitate collaborations, evaluations, studies, and customer
awareness and education programmes.
• Maintain positive relationships with customers.
• Maintain and increase product utilisation by customers.
• Provide competitive and market insight feedback.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position;
however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task
Preferred Educational Background:
• Minimum of BSc in a Life Sciences subject i.e. Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology,
Immunology or Cell Biology.
• MSc desirable (but not essential).
• BSHI Diploma desirable (but not essential)
Essential Experiential Background:
• Hands-on Laboratory experience (research, clinical, or industrial) in the field of H&I.
• Knowledge of NGS and PCR based technology.
• Knowledge of HLA antibody detection and identification.
• Must be a determined, self-motivated, enthusiastic, articulate, well-presented person and able
to convey technical information clearly and successfully.
• Valid driver’s licence.
Preferred Experiential Background:
• No previous commercial experience is required – however you must have a desire for business
development and sales, using your Scientific Degree to your advantage with technical knowledge
of VH Bio’s Transplant products and H&I field.
• 3-5 years of experience within H&I field is preferred.
• Must be willing to travel primarily within UK and Eire but will occasionally require international
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with internal colleagues and external customers to
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary £30-40K dependant on level of experience.
• Non-Contributory Pension Scheme whereby, a sum equal to 8% of your salary will be paid into
the Scheme by the Company Private Health scheme.
• 23 days holiday allowance pro-rated for partial years, of which 3 must be kept for the shutdown
period during Christmas, plus statutory holidays, rising by 1 day for every year’s service to a
maximum of 28 days after 5 years.
• 45p/mile car allowance.
Please email [email protected] for more information and to register your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.