Technical Sales Specialist, Transplant
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Transplant
Department #: 580 Lifecodes
Hired at: IBG Immucor
Reporting to: Sales Manager, UK & Ireland
Immucor Inc. is a leading provider of transfusion and transplantation diagnostic products, which facilitate patient-donor compatibility, on a worldwide scale. Immucor’s mission is to ensure that patients in need of blood, organs, or stem cells get the right match that is safe, accessible, and affordable.
Established in 1982, Immucor has a history of innovating to improve transfusion and transplantation medicine, and is a valued partner to thousands of healthcare organizations.
Immucor patented its Capture® solid phase technology in 1986. This solid phase technology performs antibody screening and identification assays, providing an-easy-to-use, standardized test method with improved sensitivity. In addition to manual testing benefits, this microplate-based technology is ideally suited for automated platforms.
Immucor began revolutionizing the blood bank industry through the introduction of automation in 1998 with the first FDA cleared instrument for full automation of blood typing and antibody screening assays, the ABS2000. Immucor’s second-generation instrument, the Galileo, was launched in Europe in 2002 and received FDA clearance to market in the U.S. in 2004. Immucor’ third generation automated instrument, the Galileo Echo, was launched worldwide in June 2007, after it was cleared for marketing in the U.S. by the FDA in 2007. The Echo is targeted at small to medium sized hospitals, the segment of the market that is the least automated, particularly in the U.S. Immucor’s fourth-generation instrument, NEO™, a fully-automated blood bank instrument designed to even further increase productivity, performance and flexibility of the high-volume laboratories, received FDA clearance in 2010. NEO delivers the market’s highest type-and-screen throughput and broadest test menu as well as new STAT priority functionality for improved workflow. Echo Lumena™, Immucor’s fifth generation immunohematology instrument, received CE mark for use outside of the US market in 2016 and FDA clearance in the United States in 2018. Echo Lumena succeeds the Echo in the small to mid-volume laboratory segment and provides a further enhancement of the system by introducing new higher resolution images for result determination. NEO Iris™ represents Immucor’s sixth-generation instrument designed specifically to improve transfusion medicine-related workflow productivity, safety and testing flexibility within mid- to high -volume, high-throughput donor centers, clinical reference labs and hospitals.
NEO Iris™ and Echo Lumena offer a total standardized workflow solution for any laboratory. When combined with our innovative data management solution, ImmuLINK, laboratories are able to combine serology and molecular immunohematology results into one view, greatly improving a laboratory’s productivity.
In 2009, Immucor acquired BioArray Solutions, a company designing, developing, and manufacturing DNA microarray tests based on their proprietary technology. Two products, the BeadChip HEA and the BeadChip HPA, are CE marked and distributed worldwide.
On July 5, 2011, Immucor, Inc. announced that the Company entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by investment funds managed by the well-known TPG Capital Group.
In January 2013, Immucor, Inc. announced a definitive agreement to acquire the LIFECODES business (recognized as a worldwide leader in transplantation diagnostics, representing a $400 million market that is growing at mid-to-high single digits), from Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX). The addition of LIFECODES strengthens Immucor’s position in the global in vitro diagnostics market by creating a single source for transfusion and transplantation-related testing. Like Immucor, the LIFECODES business represents 30 years of specialty diagnostic innovation, including molecular methods, to better serve laboratories in the U. S. and internationally.
On May 30, 2014, Immucor completed the acquisition of Organ-i, Inc., a privately held company focused on developing non-invasive tests to monitor and predict organ health for transplant recipients. This acquisition expanded the product offerings for post-transplant testing and directly complemented the existing LIFECODES business.
On October 1, 2014, Immucor acquired Sentilus, Inc.. Sentilus was a privately held company focused on developing a novel, inkjet-printed antibody microarray-based technology, Femtoarrays™. Sentilus has been developing Femtoarrays™ and the underlying technology for use in a variety of in vitro diagnostics areas, including transfusion diagnostics.
In October 2014 Immucor entered into a collaborative arrangement with Sirona Genomics, Inc., a privately-held company, for the development and commercialization of the MIA FORA NGS offering for high resolution HLA typing. MIA FORA NGS consists of an easy-to-use sample preparation protocol with a proprietary bioinformatics solution. MIA FORA NGS was launched in December 2015 and received CE Mark approval in February 2016. On March 4, 2016, Immucor completed the acquisition of Sirona Genomics, Inc..
On May 2, 2016, Immucor announced the launch of its kidney Solid Organ Response Test, kSORT: a molecular gene expression assay that measures a kidney recipient’s immune response to predict organ rejection and graft injury. The commercialization of kSORT is an important milestone in Immucor’s investment in post-transplant surveillance diagnostics. kSORT complements Immucor’s C3d product, which measures the binding and cleaving of the complement protein C3, as well as Immucor’s DSA product, which detects donor-specific antibodies in transplant recipient’s blood. Together, these products enable clinicians to better identify a kidney transplant recipient’s dynamic immune risks. These products further complement Immucor’s commitment to the transplant diagnostics market, with HLA typing available in both SSO and NGS technologies, and a full line of antibody products.
Over 35 years, Immucor has been offering products that enable patients who are in need of blood or an organ to receive the right match that is safe, accessible and affordable. With around 1000 FTE and a revenue of $ 400 million, Immucor is one of the global leaders in transfusion and transplantation diagnostics.
About the position:
Reporting to the Sales Manager UK & Ireland, the Technical Sales Specialist Transplant role will be to primarily support the sales and the Technical Services activities of the Transplant Diagnostic, stem cell and DNA/ RNA isolation products/technologies within the assigned territory, maximizing sales revenues through existing relationship as well as developing new customer relationships. Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through strategic planning (product promotion, placement, pricing). Work closely with all members of the UK team (and other European or global resources as needed) to develop and execute account-specific strategies. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long-term sales and increase customers’ satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the commercial results in the assigned territory (responsibility for minimum yearly revenues and profitability agreed with the Sales Manager, UK & Ireland as well as price and discounting strategies)
- Serve as a first-line source of technical information and support; work with UK Technical Services team and Sr. Director, International Commercial Scientific Affairs for escalations
- Contribute to strategic direction on how to reach/exceed both short-term and long-term goals
- Collect, analyse market feedback and transfer to relevant parts of the organization (marketing, R&D, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies
- Identify and prioritize sales opportunities, formulating commercial strategies and developing business plans for the assigned territory
- Populate iCOR with activities to help drive opportunities through the funnel to closure, and capture key contact, competitive and other market data
- Provide product education to customers (technical presentations and demonstration) and manage pre and post sales technical support
- Monitor strategy execution as well as competitive tactics and strategies. Formulate alternative tactics and strategies
- Educate sales team by providing guidance in the area of Transplant new account sales and growth, profitability, presentation strategies, competitive strategies, use of sales support and management of financial issues on tender contracts
- Negotiate sales prices and assist in all quoting activity for annual contracts and major bids/tenders in consultation with the Sales Manager, UK & Ireland
- Assist in the implementation of and execution of company marketing plans
- Create and implement required reports on the productivity of sales by establishing revenue goals, managing contribution margin and performing forecasting duties
- Participate in regular meetings with sales team and in the account planning process to ensure new account wins and current account renewals
- Attend local trade shows, congresses and workshops
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and Code of Conduct
About the Candidate:
Specific Skills & Experience
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biomedical Science, Chemical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or related science field
- Proficient knowledge of Transplantation Diagnostics and HLA-related field
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of experience in HLA laboratories
- Selling skills/experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products for word processing, sales analysis and reporting, and the creation of presentations (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM)
- Ability to travel extensively within the assigned territory in UK
- Service-oriented mentality and a strong focus on customer needs
- Self-motivated and highly committed
- Good persuasion and influencing skills
- Interdisciplinary thought and quality awareness
- Superb customer facing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team setting in a cooperative and helpful manner
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and at all organizational levels
- High problem-solving and decision-making capability
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, positive, fairly independent and energetic
- Conduct all activities and keep personal qualities such as integrity, appearance and sociability in a manner contributory to maintenance of optimum Company image
- Master and knowledge in HLA possibly
- Prior experience in the area of Transplant sales
- Experience providing training, service and support to external customers
- Experience assisting internal and external customers in product investigation / complaints, to ensure customer satisfaction, regulatory compliance and problem resolution
- To apply or make referrals, please send the contact details and CV by email to:
Job Applicant Privacy Notice (for EU Nationals)
Immucor is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your data securely, transparently and lawfully in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 b) GDPR and Article 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR). This privacy statement sets out the types of data that we hold on you when you make a job application to Immucor (“Immucor” means the legal entities from Immucor Group based in the European Economic Area). It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
As part of any recruiting and hiring process, Immucor collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Immucor has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of such a process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for role, communicate with them about the recruitment process, keep records related to our hiring processes and comply with legal or regulatory requirements. You will not be required to provide any information to Immucor, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied for.
In connection with your application to work for Immucor we will collect and store the following categories of data: information provided in your CV and covering letter which may include your name, title, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers, employment history, education history, references, qualifications, photograph, gender and marital status. This list is not exhaustive and does not constitute a mandatory set of requirements. The data we will hold on you will depend on what is provided in your application and may not include everything in this list.
This information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes, for example, members of the HR department, those in the team where the vacancy is, who are responsible for screening your application and interviewing you and other members of the Immucor Group, where necessary. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with certain third parties in order to comply with our legal obligations. In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EEA to comply with our legal or contractual requirements. These transfers will be done lawfully, using protections designed to provide data protection similar to that in Europe.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will hold your data on file for 6 (six) months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you want to be considered for future job opportunities, you will need to give us your written consent to retain and use your data for a further 6 (six) months. You will be free to withhold your consent to this and in such a case we will delete your records.
If your application for employment is successful and you are hired, the corresponding application data will be part of your personnel file consistent with data protection policies.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require Immucor to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require Immucor to delete or revocate the processing of your data;
- object to the processing of your data where Immucor is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
Please, be informed that you can also lodge a complaint with your local data protection agency.
Data Protection Officer for Immucor GmbH: 2B Advice GmbH – Contact Detail: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Awhitehead@immucor.com.