To commemorate the life and work of Julia Bodmer and to recognise the seminal contributions she made to the field of human histocompatibility and immunogenetics, each year BSHI makes available an award of up to £2000. This is given with the aim of promoting the interaction and exchange of ideas between laboratories, either in the UK or overseas.
*** Please note: the deadline for BSHI 2022 bursary applications is Monday 18th July 2022 at 17:00***
- Education and Training Bursaries are available from BSHI for the purposes of supporting the development of knowledge and skills of members through attendance at scientific meetings.
- Education and Training Bursary applications will be considered by the bursaries group, which comprises: the BSHI Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Secretary.
- No member of the main committee can apply for a bursary whilst serving their term of office.
- Any member applying for a bursary must be a full member of the Society.
- Applicants must be up-to-date with their membership subscription. This will be checked prior to a bursary being granted.
- Applications must be made using the below Meeting Bursary form and submitted by the deadline.
- The Bursary application deadline will be one calendar month prior to the first day of the meeting or two weeks prior to the early bird registration deadline, whichever is earlier.
- Bursary money will be allocated as shown in the table below.
|Value of BSHI Bursary (£)|
|UK Conference (presenting*)||£300|
|UK One Day Conference/Meeting||£100|
|Non-UK Conference (presenting*)||£500|
[* oral presentation]
- A member can only receive one bursary in any calendar year. A member may apply in consecutive years.
- If applying for funds as a presenting attendee, evidence (email from the meeting organisers etc) will be required to be sent to the secretary before any bursary funds are released.
- There are limited funds available for bursaries, therefore bursaries will be assessed and awarded on merit. Priority will be given to members who are presenting at the meeting, those who have not received a recent bursary and more junior members of the Society. Individuals who have been involved in the organisation of a meeting will also be prioritised for funding.
- Bursaries will not normally be awarded for one day or training meetings.
** BSHI members wishing to attend a virtual conference may apply for a bursary. The value of any amount awarded will be determined by the BSHI committee and be dependent upon registration costs **